Thursday, December 07, 2006

INNER LIFE

What are we really thinking and feeling? These are often the secrets we hold within ourselves. Sometimes we don't even know things about ourself because they are hidden in the subconscious.
Often the questions we ask in frustration about events and things which happen repeatedly give a hint at self-sabotaging patterns lurking in the subconscious. Peeling back the layers can be excrutiating, but it can also be amazing. I love those AAA HA! moments when things reveal themselves and some understanding of self and others occurs. Probably means more questions will follow though. I read somewhere that it is the questions we ask which take us further than the answers.

I am going to focus more on the figure over the next few months. I have really enjoyed creating the work for the Doggett Street Christmas Exhibition. I have lots of ideas running around in my head. This happens...where the ideas germinate and grow before I really get into the actual work. The thinking time is so important. I learnt that years ago. In the meantime lots more sketches of me in front of the mirror.

This painting will be in the Doggett Street Christmas Exhibition Friday 15th December 6-9 pm until Saturday 16th December 10am-2pm. All work by all artists will be 30 x 30 cm.

No comments: