Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FAVOURITES

                                                   Paradise oil on linen 62 x 82 cm 2009


I am working on a new painting, which is coming along quite well. I've had my moments of joy, despair, frustration and excitement. Yes, a mixture of emotions, but that's normal. At the moment I am not sure what I am going to do next, but I know the painting is not quite finished. So, I wait, look, wonder.

Why did I choose the title of FAVOURITES? Two reasons. One is that I thought I'd list the top four favourite posts...according to the number of people who have visited them. Secondly, I thought I'd upload 4 paintings I personally have grown very fond of.


TOP FOUR POSTS

1. AIRSPACE and PHANTOMS
Written 24 August 2010, this post discusses water!

2. FOOD- A FANTASY IN THE FUTURE?
Written  21 November 2010, with a 'picture' of the future where food and fantasy play together!

3. OUROBOROS
Written 18 March 2012, this post discusses age-old symbols and connections with cosmology. An auroboros is an age old-symbol of a snake eating its own tail. In my painting I use the age-old symbol of the tree-of-life to create the snake's body.

4. LISTENING TO THE STILLNESS
Written 28 June 2010, this post discusses the still spot inside the vortex....and more!


FOUR OF MY FAVOURITE PAINTINGS

  • Paradise [painting at the top of the page] This is hanging my bedroom at the moment . It causes me to stop...and think. The word paradise alludes to the Garden of Eden. But, this is just a metaphor for the paradise of knowledge, wonder and imagination. Click HERE to read my previous post. This painting is one of a group of Adam and Eve paintings.

                                              Ouroboros Oil on linen 122 x 153 cm 2012
    • Auroboros  This painting, of the age-old symbol of the snake eating its own tale, is one of my cosmic paintings. Yes, I have a few of them, as regualr readers will know The auroboros is used by modern cosmologists to visually 'describe' the realtionship beween the quantum and cosmic worlds. Please click HERE to read my previous post.

                          When I Was A Child I Dreamt I Could Fly Oil on linen 80 x 120 cm 2004

                                                       Homage Mixed Media on Paper 1991
        • Homage This is one of a series of paintings I created when I was pregnant with my first child. I exhibited them in an exhibition when my daughter was 3 months old. Some sold, but I am glad I have a few left for me!

        You can see more of my paintings on my website www.kathrynbrimblecombe-fox.com


        And, $oils Ain't $oils Anymore is currently hanging as a finalist in SCOPE Galleries inaugural Art and Environment Award. Click HERE for details
        Cheers,
        Kathryn

        No comments: